Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Twilight Party

I got this email a couple weeks ago, inviting me to a Twilight party. Now, I love the books as much as everyone else seems to - I am on the last few chapters of the fourth book right now for the third time reading through. They get better and better with each read! I was thrilled to get the invite. It was from a very dear friend of mine, from my stampin' days, and one that I do not get to see nearly as much as I would like to. I knew that there would be other friends that I don't get to see as often as I like there as well. I'm glad I went. We munched on some wonderful food. Marlene (the host of the party) created some beautiful cards for us all to stamp using her Twilight stamps! I didn't even know there was such a thing. We played the Twilight game (which didn't really hold the attention of us all, I don't even think we made it halfway through the game) and then put on the movie. We had so much fun chatting and stamping that it was pretty late by the time we got the movie on.

Here is the gang of Twilight gals that night. Some of us really got into it. There were some fangs, some purple "bruises" under eyes & glittery skin. Diana, one of my oldest "vampire" friends (we go way back in our vampire love, as she put it - "before vampires were cool", and yes there is a story that goes along with that. It took place at like 2 in the morning at her house after a stamping class!!!) "bit" several of us with a sharpie for the bite marks and some red nail polish for the blood. The best was Rhonda showing up with like 2 gallons of glitter all over her. I hear it still hasn't come off after like 3 showers!!! That's dedication for you!
Getting ready to stamp. You can tell we haven't started yet, the table is much too clean!
Marlene and Rhonda:
Rhonda and I getting ready to play the Twilight game. You can tell Rhonda has makeup on, she's paler than me!

Kari looking through a Twilight movie book:
The game pieces showing the Cullen crest:
Let the game begin. I don't know if any of you have played the game or not. I was expecting more trivia and less silliness. There was a lot of "roll the dice to complete this challenge" or "close your eyes and tell what color the walls are in the room that you are sitting in". It was kind of silly. We did laugh a lot while we played it though.

All in all, I had a great time. Thanks again Marlene for hosting such a great time!!!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails