Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Music Festival

After our afternoon water balloon fight, we went to a music festival in the evening. It was an all-day event, but we only went in the evening. My two favorite new CD's right now are by The All-American Rejects and 3 Doors Down. They both played at the music festival. Both bands were terrific. They sounded amazing. I couldn't have asked for better performances. They are both pretty different and made for a really fun evening. I just wish it hadn't gotten so cold. We took blankets with us and it was still cold. I felt sorry for the people that had been there all day and were wearing their shorts and flip-flops. BRRRR!

The stage - waiting for The All-American Rejects to come on:

Ryan and I relaxing between performances:
The singer for 3 Doors Down on the big screen - what a powerful voice he has. The second song they performed was Ryan's favorite - Citizen/Soldier. It was a brilliant performance - dead on. He kept cracking us up, after every song he would say "Thank you my friends".
Ryan trying to stay warm between the bands:
So, like with every other festival you go to, there was tons of food (I enjoyed my funnel cake) and things to buy for the kiddies. Ryan had his eye on these light saber things that lit up. They had them in solid colors and multi-color. We bought him one between bands performances. We had fun playing around with moving it and capturing pictures. This is one of the best ones we got that night:
Here he is holding the light-saber thing still:

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails