Friday, May 29, 2009

Baby Bird

Ryan & a friend were swimming in the pool. I was sitting on the back patio to keep an eye on them. Usually, I read a book, but this time I was talking on the phone with my mom. I noticed something fall from one of our trees. It immediately hopped up. It was a very tiny, very young baby bird. It hopped up onto it's legs and proceeded to sit there staring at the tree. I watched it for about a half hour and then another baby bird fell from the tree. This one didn't land as well. Doug was able to prod it back up so that it was also on it's feet. Eventually, he scooped them both into a bin filled with foliage and placed it in the tree. At last check, both baby birds were still in the bin and appeared to be doing well.

Look in the bottom right corner, you can see the baby bird standing up at the edge of the shadow of the tree, look how tiny it is & just how far it fell from the tree:
The baby bird never really took it's eyes of the tree:
Stretching as far as it can, trying to get back to that tree & it's mom:

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails