Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Drive-Ins in July

So, I'm a little bit embarrassed.  I thought I was all caught up on pictures - or at least mostly caught up.  I went through my folder marked "To Process" this morning.  That is the folder that I put all photos in when I download them from my cameras.  They don't go anywhere else until I have, well, processed them.  Well, right there in that folder were some pictures from July.  Yikes.  So, let me spend the next little bit getting caught up.

In July, my brother - Roger - and his family came out for a few days visit.  They live the farthest away and so we don't get to see them as often.  The last visit they made was two years ago.  They are also the only family that has a boy cousin Ryan's age.  They are two months apart.  It was fun to see how much they have both grown over the years.

So, let me see if I can remember everything that took place in the few days they were here:  when they arrived we met at Culver's for lunch and chatted for hours, Ryan had two teeth pulled (after losing two on his own just days before his appointment, he still has a pretty holey mouth), saw Cars 2 at the drive-in, went to Big Surf, and one of Roger's boys - Austin - got sick with strep throat (as far as I know nobody else did).  I'm sure I'm missing some of the activities, it was a pretty busy couple of days.


Some of the family at the drive-ins.  We love going - even if it was
pretty hot that night.  We hit QT before going to bring some
drinks and brought food to snack on as well.  It was the
first time my mom had gone to the drive-ins for a long time
and she really enjoyed it.  I keep checking the schedule so
we can go again - they need to put on some good movies!

Ryan & Garrett in the back of our car.  They've got blankets
spread out to lie down on, pillows and of course their iPods
touches to play games on before the movie.

1 comment:

Brittany said...

Next time you go, let us know! We love the Drive-in. We should have called you about Smurfs last night. Haha.

Related Posts with Thumbnails