Friday, July 3, 2009

Concrete All Done

Okay...Okay...Okay...I know the concrete has actually been finished for like a month. I'm finally getting around to posting the pictures from the final and completed project. The concrete came out beautifully. Doug then textured the whole area. He patched up the sections of our pools deck that needed a little TLC (c'mon the pool is almost 12 years old - it was in need of a little love). He then textured those spots as well. Then a fresh coat of Cool Deck paint for the whole pool. It looks wonderful and fresh.
Picture of the pool area:
The new sitting area complete with chairs that were purchases last year. These are my "great find" last year. I ran to Michael's for some thread and had two boys with me in my not very big car. There they were two Adirondack chairs with ottomans for $30. I bought two and then had the fun of trying to figure out how to get them in my car and bring all the passengers at the same time. One of them fit perfectly in my truck area. The other one had to go in the back seat. It was a tight fit but we made it home. They sat in our garage for a year. As soon as the concrete was done, we pulled out the chairs and the stain (that was also bought last year) and got to work. They came out great and are so comfortable to sit in by the pool reading a book (which I have already done several times this swimming season!)

Add a few speakers, some snacks and a cold drink and you are set to enjoy some time by the pool:

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails