Saturday, January 8, 2011

2011 New Years Celebration

It's a Tradition.  Yep, that's right we have a lot of them.  And the last one for the year is always New Years Eve at our house.  My family comes over for an evening of games, food, movies and chatting (something we are all very, very good at).  So, here are some of the pics from New Years Eve.

Patti, Angela, my mom, Alice, Allie and my dad all had a fun
evening playing Mexican Train.

Sam was constantly on the prowl for any food bits.  This year we
had a turkey and wild rice dish, hot dogs in barbecue sauce and
a multi bean dish.  They were all so yummy.  Not to mention all
the chips, dips, chocolates, fudge, cookies and so much more.

The younger crowd playing games.


At midnight we went outside to ring in the new year.  Since
fireworks were just recently made legal, we had a few
fireworks as well.

I don't remember what these are called, but they spun around and
spat out sparks.  Pretty fun to watch.  Ryan had a great time
lighting them.  I even got in on the fun and lit a couple.

Ryan and a sparkler on New Years Eve

2 comments:

Brittany said...

I'm so sad we missed so many fun things! I'm glad you guys had a great holiday season. Miss you!

Mel said...

We miss you too! It just wasn't the same without you all here to ring in the New Year. Can't wait to hear about the fun (new) things you get to do now. (I'm still in denial though!)

Related Posts with Thumbnails