Wednesday, February 2, 2011

A Warm Fuzzy Feeling

Over Christmas I decided to make Ryan a new blanket.  A few years ago, my mom and I made him a Star Wars blanket for Christmas.  It has gotten worn out and a little on the small side.  I found some Vikings (Ryan's favorite NFL team) fleece and settled on making a tie blanket.  It was super easy to make up, and lots of fun to see the finished product.


The two styles of material I bought for each side.

The finished product.  It's kind of hard to see the ties,
they are on the right side of the picture.

And Ryan loves it!
 Well, actually everyone loves it!  It gets used so much.  It is so soft and comfy and warm.  I started feeling bad about using his blanket so much.  It was time to make another one.  I setup a shopping and lunch date with my friend Diana.  We met up at JoAnne's and picked out some fabric.  Diana decided to make one too.  (She actually completed hers before I did.)


The material I picked out.

The finished blanket.  I love the red ties showing
on the front.

And the dogs even got a treat.  I had a strip of
the red material left.  So, I cut it in thirds,
braided it, tied off the ends and gave it
to the dogs for a chew toy.  They love it.
It's fun to see them carrying it around
the house.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails