Thursday, January 7, 2010

Christmas Eve

It's that time of year again. Christmas Eve at my brother's house - with our traditional Mexican food, Christmas story, and gift exchange. This year a small talent show was added. It was a lot of fun. The only thing missing was my parents who were unable to attend due to some health issues - that have been taken care of! (That was the best Christmas present this year!)

Doug getting ready for dinner to be ready:
Look at all those yummy dishes. We had two types of enchiladas, four tamale flavors, taquitos, burritos, 7 layer dip and taco salads:

Goodies - YUM!
Ryan & Baylee before all the festivities got under way:
The talent show consisted of Hayden, Chandler and Ryan playing piano. Baylee sang a song for everyone but I wasn't in the room at the time and missed getting a photo of her performance. Sorry about that! I did get to hear her sing - very cute and full of personality just like her!


Getting ready for the gift exchange. This is a tradition from my family since before I was born. My brothers and I have very fond memories of our childhood gift exchange. It's fun to see the tradition continue.

Ben took over my camera for a bit during the evening. This is one of the wonderful shots he took of me:
So I returned the favor with this beauty, don't you just love his new fashion accessory?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Loved the pictures and the write up. Wish we could have been there to enjoy the traditional festivities
Love you, Mom

Mel said...

There's always next year!

Related Posts with Thumbnails