Friday, January 22, 2010

Happy Birthday to . . . Me

A couple of days ago I celebrated my birthday. Ryan was so excited that they gave me my presents first thing in the morning. I received some Hexbugs, yoga cards, a guitar, and some new boots!!! It was a very nice day for me. I took the day off work and just had a relaxing restful day. Doug and I watched a couple of movies on DVD while Ryan was in school. Two movies we've been wanting to see but not watch with him around. It was fun. For dinner, we went to one of my favorite restaurants and ate outside in the cold with my family. Doug & I split the Portobello Mushroom sandwich - YUM! Then we got a hot fudge cream puff ice cream dessert to pass around the table. Thanks to everyone for all my wonderful birthday wishes throughout the day!

Gift from my parents and brother Kelly - shopping coupons. I am the last of four boys in my family and by the time I came along my mom had spent so much time doing boy things - camping, scouting, cars, sports and such that she found the joy of shopping when I became a teenager. We used to enjoy shopping a lot together. She always used to tease me about my shopping style. We would go looking for shoes or accessories or dresses for special occasions (although she made every formal I ever had except for one - and that one was the worst one I ever wore!) and everytime I would want to buy the first things I tried on. She would convince me to continue shopping in the rest of the mall to see if there was anything else that I might like even more. Everytime, we would return to the first store and purchase the first items tried on. Well a couple of weeks ago, my mom and I went shopping again for the first time in a long time - years probably. It was really fun. Just the two of us just shopping and shopping, eating lunch and shopping some more. My mom wore me out! We both had a great time and when she saw this pillow she knew she just had to buy it for me and attached coupons for me to go shopping, I mean retail therapy sessions with either her, my dad or my brother Kelly. I can't wait to turn them in! And as a bonus, she attached the coupons with a pin made by one of my Grandmas many many years ago. I love it!

1 comment:

Diana Gibbs said...

yeah, you failed to mention the name of the movies...ha!

Love ya,
Di

Related Posts with Thumbnails