Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Happy Birthday To Doug

Last weekend Doug celebrated another birthday.  We kept it pretty simple this year, celebrating with just our little family.  First thing in the morning we gave him his presents.  We went a little more practical on gifts this year too.  Sticking  with clothing items. 

And then we celebrated in the evening by making a run of all our favorite Joe Places.  And, would you believe I left my camera at home sitting on my desk next to my computer?  So, no pictures of the evening sorry.


His Thomas the Train gift bag.

Sam had to make sure there was no food inside.

And even after most of the contents had been removed, Sam still
needed to be sure there was nothing in there to eat.

Doug with the shirt that Ryan  picked out for him.

So, here is our "Joe" evening.  We started out at Liberty Market for dinner.  Because you get $10 off your meal on your birthday.  Since their portions are so big, Doug and I always split something so we did pretty good on our meal there.  Then we went to Joe's Farm Grill for some shakes.  We got two - one for Ryan & I because Doug doesn't do shakes.  These were free because they were under the $10 limit.  And then we stopped at the carry-out window at Joe's Real BBQ for a chopped chicken salad - that Doug and I split for lunch the next day.  And again, that was free.  What a great deal!  I mean we love Joe's restaurants because the food is super yummy, but it's even better when you can get so much for free!  We are big time fans!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails