Thursday, November 11, 2010

State Fair

On the last Saturday it was open, a friend of mine and I took our kids to the State Fair.  We headed out on a Saturday in search of anything on a stick to eat and fun games and rides!  They were having this great buy one get one free on entry fees.  So, that saved us some money on getting in.  I think we were both prepared for it be pretty busy.  And would you believe it wasn't.  The weather was perfect, not too hot and not the least bit cold.  All in all a great day!  Thanks Kim for inviting us to go with you. 


Ryan with his friends Shawn & Matt

Ryan & I.  Doug was at home with a sinus infection.

One of the biggest cows I have ever seen.  They were just huge.

They had had a pigeon competition earlier on .  I never knew there
were so many varieties of pigeon in the world.  I just know about
the ones that like to hang out people's roofs.  This one was pretty
neat, it had feathers on it's feet.  You could not see it's feet all.

Ryan and Shawn went on the bumper cars.  Ryan wanted to get the
Vikings colored car - and he did!

Matt playing a basketball carnival game.

I loved this huge pickle!  The boys humored me by letting me take their
picture with the pickle.


And of course at the fair they have some of the
strangest things to eat.  This is one I had not heard
of before.  I would have tried it but no one else was
game.

Funnel Cake!  One of my favorite reasons to go to a fair.

Shawn giving me the thumbs up on his very first
funnel cake!

Ryan won a fish at his very first carnival game.
Everywhere we went after that so many people
kept coming up to us wondering where we won
the fish at.

Ryan saved his money (mostly because I made him) and bought this
really cool bow and arrow.
Ryan won this basketball at one of the carnival
games.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails