Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas Morning

We had a very nice Christmas.  We did not get up super early - about our normal time - 6:45.  We got right to presents and then Doug & I had to get our dishes ready for the Christmas lunch with my family.  Doug made the turkey - which was fabulous this year! - and I brought the sweet potatoes.

Ryan checking out the tree.

The stockings

Ryan passed out the gifts this year.

The newest nutcracker for the collection - a skeleton.

Sam & I.  He was very interested in every single gift that was
being opened - you never know they might be food!

If Sam was a gift this is what he would look like.  Poor guy wearing
some gift wrap.

Ryan putting together his Lego minifigures.

Ryan immediately built his new land speeder.

And here it is all finished.
Like I mentioned earlier, we went over to my niece, Brooke, and her family's house for our family dinner.  It was wonderful.  Plenty of turkey, ham, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, vegetables, gravy and homemade rolls.  And please do not forget the pies - apple custard and one of my holiday favorites pecan!  YUM. 

Later that evening, my oldest brother and his wife came by with our gift.  We got to visit with them for a bit and then they headed over to my folks house to give them their gift.  We weren't far behind.  It was nice to end our Christmas day at my parents house visiting and enjoying more Christmas treats.  By the time we made it home, we were so tired and ready for bed. 

Thanks everyone for helping us to celebrate Christmas Day.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails