Saturday, September 4, 2010

First NFL Game

All three of us got to experience our first NFL game together.  One of my brothers asked if anyone was interested in going to see the Arizona Cardinals play the Washington Redskins in a preseason game.  Since I grew up in the Washington area and have been a Skins fans since the good old days of Joe Theisman, John Riggins, Darryl Green and Art Monk I thought that sounded like a really fun idea.  And when I heard the great deal on the tickets I was even more excited.  And so was Ryan.  He just recently got into watching and playing football.

Since it was on a school night, we left as soon as Ryan was done with all of his homework.  Well, most of it anyway.  He had one assignment that he would finish up the next morning (and he did with no complaining at all).  We piled in the car with my iPod freshly loaded up with some new songs - Lady GaGa and Train - and off we went. 

Traffic was pretty crazy.  I think at one point we sat for 20 minutes and moved less than a mile.  It reminded me of mornings driving from Virginia to Maryland to work in the summers.  Boy was I glad that I worked at the same office as my brother and he drove us . . . because those long commutes gave me an extra bit of sleep in before I had to try to pretend to be happy to be up for the day.  We had planned on going to eat at a mall next door to the stadium, but did not make it in time to eat first.  We decided to get inside and find our seats knowing that there would be food and drinks inside.  Ryan and I split the most expensive personal pizza ever.  It was just the right size for us though.  We both got two pieces and were full.

The Skins lost the game.  We had a great time.  I was surprised at how many Skins fans were there.  I was afraid that we were going to be the major minority cheering for the Skins, but we were not.  So, that was nice.  There was even a me sized player on the Skins.  One of their receivers was a good head shorter than the other players on the field.  We looked him up in the program - he was a mighty 5' 7".  So, at our end of the row, we cheered for him whenever he was on the field.




It was a sold out game.  The stadium was totally packed.

Doug, Ryan & I. 

Warren, the one looking at the camera, had the great idea to go to the game and organized it.  There were two of my brothers there with parts of their families and a nephew with three of his boys, and then the three of us.

Ryan and I enjoying the game.
I had to save the best for last.  I took this with my cell phone camera.  No special effects whatsoever.  I loved the way this came out.  I'm featuring it on my photo website also.  MelzDezines.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails