Monday, September 27, 2010

Prescott Trip

On Saturday we made a day trip to Prescott.  I was reconnecting with some of my stamp friends that live there.  And the boys went along for the day.  Ryan actually somehow talked a friend of his into going with us.  It is a bit of a drive.  I had fun stamping and from the looks of it, they had fun around town.

Lisa, Me and Lynn working away on our projects.
For stamping, we did something called a shoebox swap.  They are so fun.  Each person designs a card and then provides the materials for each person attending to make that same card.  So, we got to make projects from each other.  Too fun!  If you want to see those projects, you will have to visit my stampin' blog - http://www.melzplace.blogspot.com/

Ryan and Shawn chilling out in the backseat with the iPod.
Digging for rocks.
Doug had planned on taking the boys to a movie while I was stamping.  But once they got up there, Ryan didn't want to sit anymore in a theater.  So instead, they went to a park for awhile.  When they were at Lynn's house, the boys spent their time playing with Lynn's adorable dachshunds or digging for rocks in the yard.

After we were done stamping, the four us decided to stop for lunch.  We went to Cracker Barrel.  They have such a fun shopping area and really yummy food.  I was ready to eat.

Scary Halloween glasses
While we were waiting for our table, I had fun checking out all their Halloween goodies.  Aren't these glasses the best?  They also had a silver glittery pair.  Too fun!

Shawn & Ryan playing checkers
After we were seated and had ordered, the boys decided to play checkers at a nearby table.
Now, doesn't that look yummy?  Doug and I split a meal.  They're meals are too big for just one person.  So, we splurged a little and got the chicken fried steak.  It came with three sides, too many to fit on the plate because the third one was in a separate bowl.  Doug was nice enough to let me have Lima beans and okra.  Two of my favorites that I hardly ever get to eat at home - nobody else will eat them with me!  It was so yummy and half was just perfect.

And really who can go to Cracker Barrel without buying something?

I don't know what these are called, but they are one of my mom's favorite treats.  She always gets one whenever we go there together and so I had to get one - or four - while I was there yesterday.  And yes, only three of them made it home.  Yum!

And here's a tease of the cards that I got to stamp.  Fun times!
It was a great Saturday and also very exhausting.  I fell asleep on the couch around 9:00.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails