Friday, September 3, 2010

Back in the Saddle Again

Isn't that how that old Roy Rogers song goes?  Well, since I'm totally a city girl, the "saddle" that I am referring to is stamping.  That's right, in July, I became a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator again.  I had done it for over eight years.  And really had a great time being involved with stamping and all the fun times and wonderful people that I met through it.  Well, SU! was offering a special for past demonstrators to sign back up for only $35.  With a little encouragement from my friend - thanks Di - big hugs! - I did it. 

Already I have attended a few classes and held my very first stamp class and garage sale.  It was family that came to the class and we had a great time.  Afterwards we went out for lunch with the rest of our families - hubbies and kids - to one of our favorite places.  La Tolteca.  They have such yummy tamales.

I am having a very fun time and am looking forward to the classes that I am planning - Christmas, Halloween and more Christmas.  Be sure to visit my new stamp blog for everything paper craft related.

Here are some of the highlights so far.

Attending a class at my friend Diana's house.  I took another fun friend with me to the class.  She is a scrapbooker but has never stamped before.  It was very fun!

On my way to a Distressing stamp class.  Learning all about using the new distressing kit.  Great projects.  Afterwards, Diana and I went camera shopping to find her a new one.  A great day!

The components of the Distressing Kit.  I'm telling you, if you are having a stressing day, this kit is so fun to use, you will be all relaxed when you are done.

 A project from the distressing class.

Garage Sale items.

One of my favorite new items in the Winter Mini Catalog.  I loved them when I saw them in the catalog.  And really loved them in person.  I want to figure out way to wear them.  They are so beautiful.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails