Monday, September 6, 2010

Egg Drop . . . Soup?

At school, Ryan participated in an egg drop.  We did this when I was younger too, but it was a part of our Physics class that I took as a senior in high school.  I tell you the kids today learn things so much earlier than we did.  It's crazy to keep up.  Ryan's in 6th grade this year and will be starting algebra during the year.  Wow.  Anyway, he was in a group with two other students.  They did a lot of planing, testing, retesting and so on.  (I think Mythbusters was a good influence on him for this project.)  At one point he told the others in his group that they needed to do some testing because, and I quote, "science is 90% testing".
Their egg did not break.  Well, that is until another student got excited when their egg also did not break.  He proceeded to do a happy egg didn't break dance and accidentally hit Ryan in the face with his elbow.  Ryan dropped their container and the egg broke. 

Here's a video of Ryan demonstrating the egg drop from the top of our stairs.  Sorry, I didn't move the camera quite as fast as the egg was dropping, but you get the idea.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails